The game show where four Nickelodeon celebrity panelists would guess skills or accomplishments of kids was something many of us found ourselves watching back in the day. Unfortunately, there were many instances where the word “talent” was used very loosely. Among the most preposterous “talents” were the following:
– A kid who could bite a piece of cheese into the shape of Florida. Riveting.
– A boy who collected his toe jam and turned it into a ball of toe jam. Disgusting.
– A kid who bents fingers back to wrist. You’re double jointed, not talented.
– A kid who discovered peanut shells hid the scent of pig urine. How and why hediscovered this, we don’t want to know.
– A kid who sticks lobsters to eyelids and tongue. Really? Reeeeally?
– A kid who collected human hair to make dolls. Not noteworthy or a skill/talent. It is however, extraordinarily creepy.
– A kid with a rattail down his neck. Congrats on growing an ugly hair style.
While these kids failed epically there was a fair share of skilled kids. The human jump rope and cup stacker kids are the ones that come to mind immediately. The other annoying thing was how unenthusiastic some of these contestants were. We all would’ve loved to be on a Nickelodeon game show and some of these kids were bratty, stuck up or lacking a pulse. You’re on TV winning prizes you ungrateful bee-otches, ENJOY IT. In those kids defense, sometimes the prizes were a tad lame. Like, WTF do I want a “Figure It Out” messenger bag for? C’mon now! Another plus was the host everyone had a crush on, Summer Sanders. Unfortunately her coolness was canceled out by the obnoxiously corny dude who would announce all of the prizes. This sounds like a lot of negative but the show did deliver in the entertainment department! Danny’s constant jokes, flipping his hair back to get slime on the crowd and Lori Beth Denberg always seeming to have the correct guess were common occurrences. Hmm, Lori Beth really knew the answers far too often. Upon reflection, many areas of the show seem blatantly rigged. If that’s the case they owe us an apology… Although, an apology won’t un-shit those kids prizes.
CLICK TO BUY YOUR COPY OF THINGS 90S KIDS REALIZE!
- A look at some of Arnold's Grandpa's most questionable moments: bit.ly/1ObrEpO https://t.co/TNLZ9DVYns 1 year ago